Call For A Free Consultation(847) 220-1560

Law Offices of Mary Kennedy

Connecting Skilled Workers To Unique Opportunities

U.S. employers recruit talented professionals from other countries in order to bring their skill sets and knowledge to the United States. These professionals and laborers can legally work within the country for a defined period of time through a temporary visa, and upon the expiration of their visa, they must return to their home country.

Petitioning the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for even a temporary employment visa can sometimes be a challenging process. For that reason, many employees and businesses choose to work with an experienced temporary visa attorney to position their application for success.

The Law Offices of Mary Kennedy can help clients around the globe understand the different work options available to them and obtain their visa in order to accomplish their career goals.

Types Of Temporary Visas

To secure a work visa in most cases, the applicant’s company must sponsor them. The majority of individuals who seek entry for a job need only a temporary stay, which can be granted by various temporary employment visas. Types of temporary work visas include the following:

  • Professional Employees (H-1B) – The most common type of temporary employment visa, an H-1B visa, is reserved for professionals working in a specialty occupation. A professional employees (H-1B) visa attorney can help you prove that your work involves specialized skills that are needed in the United States.
  • Visitors for Business (B-1) – The B-1 Temporary Business Visitor is for individuals participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature, including consulting with business associates, traveling for a conference or convention, settling an estate, negotiating a contract, and participating in short-term training programs. A B-1 visas lawyer can help you prepare your application to show your intent to conclude your business here.
  • Treaty Traders (E-1) and Treaty Investors (E-2) – These visas are for traders and investors from countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation. A treaty traders (E-1) visa attorney can help you determine if you live in a participating country.
  • E-3 Visa (Australian Citizens) – Similar to the E-1 and E-2, this visa applies only to nationals of Australia.
  • Exchange Visitors (J-1) – This visa is for those who intend to participate in an approved program of studying, conducting research, receiving training or a medical education, etc.
  • Intracompany Transferees (L-1) – Intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company located outside of the United States can apply for the L-1 visa.
  • Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O) – O-1A and O-1B visas are for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. An O-1 visa lawyer can help you determine your eligibility and prove your record of extraordinary achievement.
  • Athletes and Entertainers (P-1) – This entertainment visa allows athletes, artists, and entertainers to enter the US for a specific event, competition, or performance.
  • Religious Workers (R-1) – This allows a minister or someone who works in a religious vocation to work at a non-profit religious organization in the US.
  • TN Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA) – The NAFTA Treaty visa is for citizens of Mexico and Canada who seek temporary entry into the US for business activities.

The Law Offices Of Mary Kennedy – Personalized Service For Temporary Visa Seekers

At the Law Offices of Mary Kennedy, we strive to ease your mind regarding your immigration case through our competent and confidential services, our frequent communication with you, and our convenient appointment availability. No matter which type of temporary visa you desire, attorney Mary Kennedy and her incomparable legal team can assist you.

Contact us today to schedule your consultation. We offer consultations in person in our office in Schaumburg, IL, or via phone, Skype, or email at your convenience.

Mary Kennedy, Esq.

Call For A Free Consultation
(847) 220-1560

We Serve Clients Throughout United States. Call For A Free Consultation
(847) 780-2880